Professional Association of Ethno Music Therapy
The Professional Association of Ethno Music Therapy (BfEM for “Berufsverband für Ethno-Musiktherapie”) is a group representing the interests of students of music therapy and of music therapists, who are entitled to practise their profession in Austria - either autonomously or in joint responsibility.
Furthermore, the BfEM sees itself as an information platform, which deals with specific topics of music therapy for prosessionals and the lay public.
* * *
The BfEM was founded in 2010 to take into account various ideas and culturally-sensitive topics within music therapy.
The BfEM is a member of the “World Federation of Music Therapy”.
We are looking forward to organising the World Conference of Music Therapy in 2014.
- Representation of interests with regard to the legislative body, social insurance and employers
- Service/help in the area of education, training and finding of jobs
- Conducting a forum for specific professional questions
- Public relations work for the further establishment of music therapy within the health service on a national and international basis
- Organising informative events, symposiums and conferences
- Information platform for patients and relatives as well as journalists, prospective employers and all those interested
- Interdisciplinary integration with other occupational groups